Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We have Officially Made It!!!

(Memorial Day Madness for Jacey!)

I talked with Karen today at 4 Paws for Ability and it's OFFICIAL!!!  We have exceeded our fundraising goal of $13,000.  We are now on the class list for November 30th!!! 

Thank you so much to everyone who helped us achieve our goal.  Your prayers, thoughts, donations, and emails are greatly appreciated!  I still can't believe that we have achieved our goal, officially, in such a short time.  I thought for sure it would take us at least nine months to maybe a year to raise $13,000 for 4 Paws for Ability
I definitely know that this was something meant to be for Jacey.  Have you ever experienced something in your life where when you first learn about it, hear about it, see it, or whatever be the case, you know it is the right thing for you, your family, or someone close to you.  That is what I felt when learning about Autism Service Dogs.  I knew that this was something Jacey would thrive in life with.  I knew that this was one of the best things we could do for Jacey.  So, I researched, came across 4 Paws, did some more research...and applied for an Autism Service Dog for Jacey.  Waiting to hear back as to whether or not we were accepted was a killer, even though most everyone is accepted!  I was extremely giddy at the thought of having this amazing tool in our home.  It would allow us to do so much more, and give Jacey the freedoms that I long for her to have.

And then, when you know and feel something is soooo right and you feel like nothing can stop you, reality sets in, or someone tells you that you won't be able to do it, or they tell you that maybe it isn't right for you.  Whatever these doubts are, they take hold and you fear that your beautiful dream is just that - a dream.  You begin to doubt your ability to achieve your dream, you doubt whether or not you should have turned onto this road, and the light at the end of the tunnel seems to get dimmer and further away. 

Looking back at this dark time for me, shows me that I was definitely doing something that was right, something that would help Jacey succeed in life.  The people that came forward to help us in our fundraising efforts, those who did so much more than just donate money, the prayers that were offered for Jacey and our family, how quickly we finished fundraising.  All these things tell me that what I was doing for Jacey was right, but that someone did not want me to succeed.  I am grateful to have the knowledge that we have a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us and that I was strong enough not to let the darkness take over my determination for what was best for Jacey.

This journey that I have been on has been amazing.  I wouldn't trade that dark cloud that had been over me for anything.  I have learned to know the bitter from the sweet because of it.  I have become a better person.  I have been blessed to learn of what a wonderful world we live in and the great people that surround me.  Thank you for being a part of this journey with me.  Thank you for being such a huge force in making this dream come true for Jacey.  What you have done for Jacey and my family is remembered every day.  Thank you....

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! That is incredible! I am so glad to hear of the success and can't wait to hear more of the benefits of Jacey's service dog. Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete